Friday, March 10, 2006

I never used to be a joiner.

I always went on my solitary way, knitting all alone, out in the cold, woefully without friend or foe... Sorta. Then I joined the Knitting Olympics and it all kind of went to my head. Four thousand people, world wide, being as insane as me! Imagine!

The latest? Project Spectrum. I'd heard about it, and thought it was cool in an abstract kind of way, but never thought to join, because I never work with many of those colors, like red, so... there's no point... in...


Hmmm.

Color has been an ongoing brain-freeze of mine... I read a book or article on color theory and then I can't match jeans and shirts to wear for the next week. So maybe I'll experiment a bit. I can do Georgina the Giraffe for yellow, and I'd been kicking around an idea for this ungodly bright green sweater based on the spring flowers down here. And there's always something blue or purple to knit.

As if I didn't have enough projects lined up already.

I have joined. Again. But it's the internet, not real people. That's something, isn't it?

No comments: