Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What to do...


In case you're wondering what you're looking at, that IS the right side of Georgina, and the weird shape is due to the direction of knitting. It's being knit from cuff to cuff, and the left side of the body is the back and it's meant to be longer than the front. And there are shoulder flaps to button so I can fit the baby's head through the neck. And if I look at it any longer, I will scream.

So I'm doing what everyone does at this stage.

START ANOTHER PROJECT.
Or at least a gauge swatch.

Yup. Persian Poppies is the project for May. For the gauge swatch, I'm trying the Kaffe Suggestion and make the balls of different colors of yarn tied together, and knit away. I suspect for the sweater I'm going to hack off lengths as they suit me and go from there. Making these two tiny little balls (green for background, the other for the flowers) took me about half an hour, and that's nuts. I could be KNITTING. I've stuffed all my yarns into the Big Bag O Fun and am ready to go once the swatch is knit, washed, dryed, measured, and the pattern worked up. (That's not all of it, though. I've got three more colors coming in the mail.)

1 comment:

TrishJ said...

When you gonna start the knit/crochet sweater, dude??? I'm WAITING...