Friday, July 07, 2006

The article that wasn't.

This quarter's Knitty article was supposed to be about wool and other animal fibers. I remember it was due on a Sunday, and I woke up that morning thinking "@#(*#&$@% sheep." So I came up with another article idea, cranked it out, and sent it in with about ten minutes to spare.

Anyway, in the midst of all that wool research, I found something fun.

TODAY'S PUZZLE (don't get used to this, 'cause I doubt it'll be a feature around here) and, um, no prizes but the entertainment and bragging rights:

One of these scanning electron microscope pictures is wool. Can you guess which one? Or what the other two are?








Added at 10:45 am EST: I just realized that the photo names contain the answers and will appear when you drag your mouse over them. A big old duh for me. So, the top is human hair, the middle is sheep wool, and the bottom is cat hair. Hope you found it remotely interesting.

Maybe next time I'll manage to do a quiz without putting the answers in full view. Haha.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I am clueless...sadly clueless. The first one looks like human hair and I'll take a guess that the last one is the wool. I'm reasonably sure that I am as wrong as wrong can be, but what the heck. I took a shot! :)