Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The dead zone.

You know the place. It's in every project. Where you knit and knit and knit and knit and nothing happens, and then after a week of knitting with no obvious size increase, it's suddenly two inches too long?

Yup.

And now Blogger isn't letting me upload photos. Imagine a lacy purple scarf here. (I'll upload it later if I can.)

I knit three pattern repeats on this thing yesterday and damn if I can tell the difference. No obvious change in length on the scarf or in the ball of yarn. It's like I didn't do anything.

The Blue Shimmer swatch is almost done. I finished up with the plain stockinette section on size ones last night and switched over to zeros. But since it's plain old stockinette, I can read while I'm knitting it so even though it's not going any faster, I don't really care.

I wanna knit socks. Or... a bag. Or, gee, I dunno, anything but this freaking swatch and these damn scarves.

No comments: