Monday, July 17, 2006

It's here.


It's the yarn for the Blue Shimmer. These are mini-cones, and I ordered one large cone of light blue for the body and sleeves. It's on back order. They think it'll be to me by the end of next week.

But of course I already had a mini-cone of the light blue, for swatching purposes. I started knitting immediately (it's so nice to have a husband who understands these things), and this is what I've got so far:


Those are size two needles. I may need to go down to ones.

I don't think the colors are subtle enough, but this is the best I can do without spending $280 on a kit. (I would need two kits at $140 each, because the kit sizes only go up to a forty-something inch chest and I need fifty-four.)

I must now go to bed and sleep instead of staying up all night knitting and undoing the good of the weekend. Bah.

2 comments:

debsnm said...

You've done it, haven't you? Gone completely around the bend and you're going to knit that sweater on those teeny, tiny, needles???? I wish I could think of something encouraging to say, but all I can think of is. . . she's lost it! :D
good luck

RheLynn said...

Beautiful colours - and they are working up great together!

Hey - I need one of those husbands who understands that sort of thing. ;o) Mine hardly ever lets me buy yarn... well, I live 80 miles minimum from a LYS.. so that has something to do with it!