Friday, July 07, 2006

Laziness: A stupid design method.


I am paying for my laziness when designing this jacket. I knew I was going to do raglan decreasing, and SHOULD have designed the entire jacket around that, so that it would fit up like a mirror image along the diagonal. But did I?



No. I figured it wouldn't look that bad, and just knit the whole thing up, largely ignoring pattern placement.

That has returned to bite me on the ass.

As you can see from the photos to the left, the jacket's raglan decreasing looks, well, like shit. To be blunt about it. I kept knitting for two days, hoping it would even out and look better, but the further I went, the worse it got. I finally faced up to reality this afternoon, sucked it up, and did what had to be done:




I ripped it back down to the armholes, and have to find a new way to knit the body. That should be ever so easy. It took me an hour, to rip it out, get it back on the needle, and roll the yarn back up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go throw up.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!! That is alot of yarn. Um, I guess you knew that... I'll just be quiet now. I'm not helping.