Saturday, August 12, 2006

All right.



I think I've got this ball-winder thing out of my system. Maybe. (The husbeast has been laughing at me for hours.)

For those who care, the yarns are, from left to right: A Regia self-striping sock yarn of some kind; two balls (stacked) of Koigu KPPPM in color WhatInHellWasIThinking; next stack, top is Schachenmayr Catania in a variegated something, bottom is indigo SilkyWool from Elsebeth Lavold that I think needs to be turned into a pair of Knucks; next stack in front, top, Elann's "Luna", bottom, some chenille; far right stack, top, Doucer et Soie (yeah, that's right, I went insane and wound a skein into a ball), middle, Lamb's Pride Worsted, and bottom, Plymouth Encore. The big stack in the back is more Plymouth Encore that will hopefully be made into a Weasley Sweater for my nephew for Christmas. (Yeah. Another Christmas job.)

Now if you'll excuse me, my winding arm is tired.

2 comments:

April said...

what a relief! at 1am this morning i was winding some fearless fibers sock yarn. i'm glad i'm not the only yarn winding weirdo.

i used my elsebeth lavold silky wool for knitty's branching out scarf. it was beauteous. yours would be even nicer, i'm thinkin'.

Bells said...

Ball winders rock. I just got one. And a SWIFT! You should get a swift. They rock even more.

And I am planning on winding perfectly nice balls of yarn into the home made kind any day now cos I can!!!

ps you're swearing A LOT! It's killing me. Love it!