Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Heel flaps.



There was a hiccup in the stripe pattern and the socks will REALLY not match. (My only real nod toward making them match in the first place was starting them on the same color in the sequence.) Since I regularly wear socks that don't match, I don't think I care.

Heel turning to commence. Gulp.



Eleventy-hundred dollars spent on toys (Grandma and Grandpa in particular get carried away), and what does the baby play with?

That's right. An empty water bottle. (And please notice the cat ignoring the baby as ostentatiously as possible. She's putting a lot of work into it. See? See her ignoring the baby??)

7 comments:

Netter said...

Those are the loverliest heel flaps I have ever seen. Honestly, I find that if I just blindly follow the directions, and don't think too hard, turning a heel is effortless. but, I'm sure you've heard that before.

Amy Lane said...

Yeah... if you have another kid, you'll find that all they want to play with is EACH OTHER'S toys...necessitating a dual set of the forst child's most expensive/annoying possessions... (see cat dreaming about catching a giant pudgie mouse in diapers...dream,kitty,dream...) toh

Sheepish Annie said...

Matching socks are truly over-rated. Let's face it...it's inside the shoe anyway!

Bells said...

i second sheepish annie's comments. Who's gonna know and anyway, it makes them unique.

More baby photos!! More baby photos!!!

Alwen said...

Such cute lil' red curls!

And hmph, baby? What baby? We (the royal we) are seeing no baby here.

FairyGodKnitter said...

Socks don't need to match, they just need to be fabulous and these will be.

debsnm said...

Are the socks made from the same colorway? (Notice I didn't say dye lot) Then they match - and heel flaps? Piece of cake!!