Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gonna be one of those days.

The yarn I soaked last night? The light blue? I put the pink overdye on this morning and it came out looking like vomit.

It's in the trash can now.

There's a book for dyers called "Blue and Yellow Don't Make Green". I'm thinking maybe I need a copy of it. Though in my case it's "light blue and pink make vomit". Either way.


Plus, I've finally decided it's time to get these mohair scarves over with. It's all I've got on the needles at the moment and I'm tired of them hanging over my head. Time to get the Christmas knitting over with, once and for all.

Ug.

4 comments:

debsnm said...

Sometimes, you just have to set your jaw and do it! Good luck!

April said...

I accidentally bought The Baby a Christmas dress last night. It's not pink or blue though.

Bells said...

Go scarves! Go scarves!

Wish we could have a photo of the failed experiment with dye....you should call it When Good Yarn Goes Bad.

Sheepish Annie said...

I still can't seem to make the colors do what I want and I've been dyeing fiber for years now. I'm at my best when I go with one color, dump the stuff in the pot and learn to live with what I get.

I'm sure you'll come up with a better system...