Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm over THAT for another year.

What on earth made me think shopping would be fun today? The roads are full of assholes talking on cell phones and swerving into each other, and the stores...! Argh. Plus, I went by the Air Force Base to pick up some perscriptions and it took twenty minutes because some dumbass had filed the perscription under the husbeast's name instead of mine. Hello? Am I the husbeast? NO.

Well, anyway, I'm home again without killing anyone, or driving over their car with my Jeep. And being greeted at the door by a baby saying "Hi Mumum!" is a pretty good way to de-stress.


I WILL POST THE LACE SCARF PATTERN WHEN IT IS FINISHED. Mostly so there's a decent photo to show. Plus there are two other lace scarf patterns to post. So don't worry. You'll have a chance at it. Just not right this second. (The one I'm knitting now is "Cell Stitch" in the second treasury of stitch patterns by Barbara Walker if you MUST do it, this instant. With Doucer et Soie in color #8845.)

And I have decided, no cooking today. Bugger it. I'm tired.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doucer et Soie?

I can't proncounce that let alone know what it is. I've never seen it here. Who's it by? What's it feel like? What's it made of? Is it expensive?

Bells - again not able to post.

Bells said...

Doucer et Soie?

I can't proncounce that let alone know what it is. I've never seen it here. Who's it by? What's it feel like? What's it made of? Is it expensive?

Julie said...

It's an Italian yarn. 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. It's like Kid Silk Haze from Rowan, only a little cheaper. I think the company that distributes it is Knit One, Crochet Too. It's nice stuff in terms of texture and quality, but it's a bitch to work with. (You've probably heard me mention that before.) I get mine at www.halcyonyarn.com

April said...

You left The Baby home by herself while you went shopping? Woohoo, I'm callin' Child Services and then she'll be MINE, all MINE!

*Happy Dance*

Julie said...

I hate to ruin your day, April, but the husbeast is on leave and she was at home with him. Neener neener.

Sheepish Annie said...

If you shopped today, then you have earned a night off from the cooking!

I went out yesterday afternoon between for and five o'clock. There was a bit of a lull in the action at that point and it was actually fairly painless. I still have much more to do, though. I'm guessing my next run will be far more stressful!

Amy Lane said...

You got to leave the house for over an hour without company? If I could do that once a week, I might start cooking again!