Monday, February 05, 2007

Stop me before I shop again!

I'm on day, uh, four? of a migraine. (I try not to keep track.) It comes and goes, I think due to a sinus infection I've had for a couple weeks. It's bad enough that I'm considering actually taking the migraine medication. (When I do that I have to top it off with other drugs to counteract the side effects and it's all just a big mess, so I try to avoid it.)

Anyway. With my head hurting too bad to knit, I've consoled myself with periodic on-line shopping. Someone needs to take away my computer.

I bought more yarn to dye - this is good sock yarn, 10% nylon. Plus some DK weight to dye for TrishJ of the comments, who bailed my ass out in a big way by spending the weekend writing articles that I was supposed to do.

Next I'm going to Elann to buy myself some more Highland Wool. I am not counting this as a real purchase (as in, 'no buying yarn this year'), because I'm going to knit up a pattern I want to publish in Knitty with it. Yarn for pattern making is exempt.

And with that in mind, I'm considering buying another sweater's worth of cotton. (Doubly exempt: it's on the "year of me" list and I want to sell the pattern.) We'll see.

We will not discuss the number of books I've bought in the last week. It's a bit much, even for me. When the knitting books get here, I'll review them.

Now I'm going to go take some Excedrin Migraine and hug my kid. Baby hugging always makes me feel better.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your computer and lock up your credit cards.
I have very little to do at work and they want let me knit the creeps so I do entirely too much online shopping.
Add to that the SO likes to go hang out at the progressive bookstore close to a yarn shop --- well my stash is scattered through three rooms so far.

Bells said...

Day four? Do whatever it takes to feel better - shopping, baby hugging - all good!

Unknown said...

*hugs* I can totally understand. I swear the whole year of 2000 was a big ole migraine with medicine!

Take care! sending non migraine vibes your way!

Unknown said...

*hugs* I can totally understand. I swear the whole year of 2000 was a big ole migraine with medicine!

Take care! sending non migraine vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

TrishJ does NOT need yarn, silly goose. Go hug that baby and feel better.

TrishJ

Laura B said...

hope you feel better soon!

that highland wool is a great buy... seriously, well worth the money.

Julie said...

Trish, you do too deserve yarn for bailing me out. Nyeah. It's my blog, I can say what I want.

Besides, I already bought the yarn, and damn if I'm keeping it. I've already got too much.

Sheepish Annie said...

Four days???? I'd say that the online shopping is perfectly OK under the circumstances. That is a long haul with the throbbing noggin. Take care of yourself!

debsnm said...

When the Victorian Lace Today gets there, let's talk! Try taking Benadryl - it probably won't make the migraine go away, but you can sleep it off - provided you find someone to watch baby.

Amy Lane said...

So sorry about the migraine... I know that internet shopping is a great palliative for me... hopefully the noggin' will stop throbbin'...And enjoy that little buzz you get when your packages get to your house!!

April said...

I read this sentence -

"I bought more yarn to dye - this is good sock yarn, 10% nylon ..."

as -

"this is good sock yarn, 100% nylon."

I kinda scared myself there.

Catie said...

I once read a sign on the side of a road as "visitor's crematorium" instead of visitor's center... That got a double look. Those are always fun days. I am so excited about the Etsy shop! Y'all make me feel better about spending money on yarn and books - I really restrain myself because I'm a student but sometimes I just wanna let loose.

Bells said...

I too saw the 10% nylon as 100% to start with and thought, WTF? Julie's migraine has done her head in well and truly.

he he

Louiz said...

Hope the migraine goes away soon. I've never had one as long as a day, can't imagine how 4 days feels...

Good wishes coming from London.