Sunday, April 22, 2007

More clever uses for stash.

I keep forgetting to post this....

What is this, you ask? A customized My Little Pony. A friend of mine does them. (Sadly, she is blogless. Poor dear.) See the mane and tail? It's LaLuz from Fiesta Yarns, in teal. (That's their pure, reeled silk.) I had about 1/4 of a skein left from a project that had been sitting around literally for years, and when my friend mentioned custom manes and tails (I hadn't realized she went into that kind of detail), I asked if she wanted it. She did. When she got it, she loved it so much she finished the whole thing in a weekend.

So there you go: Give it away. You'd be amazed at what can be done with yarn, besides knitting.

SLEEVE QUESTION: There seems to be some worry about what happens if your perfect sleeve length hits right between pattern repeats. I hate to ruin this for you guys, but... there is no perfect length. It will always be off by a little bit; once you put all three pieces (body and both sleeves) together, there will be other factors affecting sleeve length, including armhole depth and how tightly you knit the shoulder straps (and how wide you choose to make them). So go with whatever's closest and relax; this decision isn't the end of the sleeve length subject.

And now, I've gotta go pull myself together (and figure out where I'm going) to meet Terby. In real life! This whole unplugged thing is really interesting. Who knows? Some day I may go on vacation without my computer.

Hahahahahahaha.

2 comments:

Bells said...

i think maybe that's why sometimes my sleeves are too short. I don't take the seams into account.

Amy Lane said...

THAT is terribly clever. You always wonder what to do with scraps...