Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Finally.


I finished the decreasing to the shoulders. This is the next clump of directions for the Steeked Jacket, and the goal for tomorrow is to write them up. Funny how fast knitting goes when you actually sit down and do it. (Shock. Awe. Amazement.) At the moment, I'm trying to figure out the best way to describe how to do the directional decreases so they follow the line of the pattern:

Sometimes I amaze myself.

Two steps left in the jacket: Shoulder straps/back of neck, and finishing. That's it. We're almost there.

I've also been trying for a year now to get a good photo of The Baby's Ornery Look. I succeeded on that, too:


I want to stay up all night doing the shoulder straps, but if I do, my hands will sieze up. Will self-control win the day?

I doubt it.

6 comments:

Terby said...

Ha ha ha ha! I've totally seen you make that face!

Bells said...

That looks fantastic - the jacket and the baby! I'm nervous about matching up the patterns but I'm sure I'll get there.

Amy Lane said...

The steeked jacket looks WONDERFUL--and the baby looks like a boatload of trouble...

Louiz said...

Can't wait to get my steeked jacket to that point, looks fantastic as Bells said. Have finished one sleeve and will take some pics this evening. The baby looks cute, and determined...

Netter said...

Yep, she's up to no good.

roxie said...

Ornery? That looks like major mischief on the move! "Here comes trouble!"

The jacket is awesome!