Tuesday, December 11, 2007

RECIPE CORRECTION!!

The almond cookie recipe uses TWO sticks of butter, eight ounces. My mistake. NeeldeTart caught it (and thanks for that). I'm going to fix the recipe post now so that it'll be accurate for posterity, but if you've written it down (or printed it out) before now, IT USES TWO STICKS OF BUTTER!!

Sorry.

This is the same thing I screwed up last year. Maybe for my next tattoo I'll get the ounces/pounds/sticks butter conversion thing on the back of my hand.

4 comments:

Fancy Pants said...

This comment is actually pursuant to your discussion of food. First, before I forget, have you read The Omnivore's Dilemma? Second, once food or a particular edible becomes associated with the higher classes of people suddenly becomes something that society can't do without. Once a food (or drink or whatever) becomes associated with the lower classes, like lobster, it becomes taboo (take a look at the history of marijuana and the difference between crack cocaine and regular cocaine and, more relative to today, the whole smoking thing) and thus, generally speaking, outlawed or controlled. Until such substance (or food or whatever) becomes reassociated with the higher echelons (alcohol, anyone??), it doesn't stand a chance in American society of becoming normalized. It's funny how foodstuffs can parallel things like drugs and tobacco. That's my cent and a half worth anyway.

Alwen said...

I know of tatters who had two dots tattooed on their left forefinger to use as a picot gauge. When you google for tatting, usually tattooes come up -- that one's a two-fer, tatting tattooes!

Anne said...

If you go see The Golden Compass movie, in addition to the gorgeous knitwear, be sure to check out the Gyptians' awesome tattoos ...

Amy Lane said...

*snark* on the food stuff--it explains a lot about my cooking. And I like fancy pants' comment. Interesting way of thinking!