Friday, December 26, 2008

Bloody, buggering, pig-fucking hell.

Looks like I won't get the sweater done for my father-in-law. There's just enough of a (snowball's) chance that I keep on slaving at it, but I'm barely halfway up the yoke and we leave tomorrow at seven AM, so even if I knit through the night, I've got less than twelve hours left. And after knitting up about 800 yards of yarn already (a sleeve and the first half of the yoke), well, my hand just ain't what it was last Friday at this time.

Bugger. No. Wait.

AAAAAAAAAAHHH!

(Otherwise, it was lovely, and I got yarn, and a new crafting bag, and a fifty gig hard drive, and some other bits and bobs, and the gifts I chose were very well received by all who got them.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always great when people love your choices.


Pam

roxie said...

So you are extending the season. The twelve days of Christmas do last until Jan. 5 after all.

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with words! How far did you get before you had to leave?

Today's word is apt: molispun - yarn spun at the molecular level, or what Julie will be knitting next's year's MIL gift from!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was a 500 gig external HDD.

Just nit picking...
Husbeast

Amy Lane said...

Ah, there's always a couple of things that don't get done... (says the woman working on a couple of those herself...)

Julie said...

Oh, for crying out loud... FIVE HUNDRED?? ARE YOU INSANE?

Wait, forget I asked that. You married me.