Monday, December 08, 2008

Q&A

There were some questions about the shawl, so here are some answers.

-Yes, you fold it in half and wear it as a half-round. That makes it twice as warm. And makes it possible to knit it in the round so I don't have to purl back on the odd rows, which I hate. Yes, I really would rather knit twice the square footage than purl back.

-My mother-in-law usually checks in here for Goober photos about once a week, but when I start the Christmas knitting I let her know and she doesn't read again until Christmas.

-The husbeast says he knew I was insane, but he was charmed by my personality. (Okay, he was distracted by my backside. I am SO not giving a direct quote.)

-I found the notebook under a ribbon flower in my office and am now about thirty rounds into the first sleeve. Size nine needles seem huge and heavy and unwieldy after three months on those little lace needles.

3 comments:

Bells said...

*snigger* on the husbeast and why he liked you.

Donna Lee said...

He must be related to my husband who pinched my butt as I was getting off the train today and said 'nice ass'. I almost fell over. The dye job looks great but I'm having a hard time getting over the mile plus yardage on the yarn.

Anonymous said...

The shawl is lovely. Your MIL will be so surprised.