Friday, June 26, 2009

Turn your back for a minute...

...and they disappear.


She built that all by herself. I'm quite proud. As the husbeast and I say to each other, "Your DNA is showing." (In this case, I think she gets a double whammy of engineering DNA from both sides, poor kid.) When I walked into the living room and didn't see her, I called out, and she said 'here I am, Mumma' and I felt really dumb 'cause she was right in front of me.

Then I went for the camera.

---

Packing continues apace. We have discovered that a twelve-inch cube box, when COMPLETELY filled with hardcover, full-color printed books, weighs 45 pounds/20 kg. I am unable to lift them (or rather, probably could lift them, but I run a major risk of breaking my bad wrist, and hey! What a good way to make this move worse!) so the husbeast's been stacking them in the garage.

One more day of packing boxes (I've only got four book-boxes left, that gives me courage to go on), packing crates, and Rubbermaid ten-gallon (40 liter) containers, and then we're off to Ohio to fill up the in-laws' garage and basement.

---

Sekhmet has recovered what sanity she has, after last night's lick-fest. She never suffers any ill effects from her love-in with the menthol stickies. Just temporary insanity. She's never interested in the stickies until they go on my arm, so some of you may be right; maybe she's trying to free me. She hates stickers in her fur, maybe she's trying to help me out.

Or maybe she's just raving mad. Furry eyelids and hair between your toes would make you nuts, too.

5 comments:

David St. Louis said...

Yes is it so hard to shave the hair between my toes, I completely empathize with your cat...

roxie said...

What a brilliant fort! The kid is going to want to remodel her room by the time she's fourteen. (And the bed goes on top of the closet which frees up enough floorspace for the cyclotron . . .)

I'm still laughing at DAve's comment!

Deana said...

I think its cute that she's protecting you... or trying.. and licking at the bandage.

And the Goob's fort is precious. Seriously... cutest thing EVER!

Good luck with your packing and moving... drop me a text or call me sometime. And stop by Pittsburgh this summer, ok?

(todays word: cestudgi- a greek (italian?) incest party.)

Roz said...

The whole post is awesome. Glad to hear the packing is going well. Big adventure ahead for the Goob!

Amy Lane said...

She's so clever! I think you're right about Sekhmet being crazy... all cats are crazy... cats with hairless kittens are ESPECIALLY crazy...