Saturday, December 31, 2011

To a new year.

I'm sure no one has missed the fact that it's been a rough year around here at House O Samurai. (For me. The rest of the family is chugging along in great good health and style.) We finally, FINALLY have finished the six month process of switching my main pain medication (FOUR MONTHS to wean off, two months to start the new one) and I really do feel like a new person. In the last week, I've accomplished more than the last six months. Boxes unpacked, things done. I'm CLEANING.

So that's it for my new year. START OVER. Start adapting this house to ME. Get the store room in the basement set up for ME. Plus the usual eat better and get off my ass stuff.

I really, REALLY feel like this is a new start, it just coincidentally starts at the new year. I'll take the symbolism and run with it.

---

In need of more zombie knitting, since I cast off the Half-A-Washcloth Shawl, I started another.
This is leftover Samurai Knitter yarn, from my old (defunct) Etsy shop. 880 yards of lace weight merino yarn in color "Primrose". It's a light yellow with pink flung over it in random flecks. The pink blends in some places to peach, and in other spots is nearly fluorescent pink. Awesomeness.

---

For Christmas, I got the Goob a sweatshirt. She loves it and wants the whole world to see it.
It's the T-Rex hoodie from Think Geek. (They also have a Raptor.) Rawr.

They also come in adult sizes.

---

A happy, healthy new year to all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best for the New Year. Love reading your blog and your pithy critques!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

The hoody is the best...glad you are finally feeling better...here's to hoping the New Year treats you well...

roxie said...

Hooray for getting the meds adjusted! The yarn is awesome sauce, and the sweatshirt so totally rocks! I love the goofy grin on those elbows.

Emily said...

I love the goofy grin on the Goob's face!!

Wow. Changing meds can really throw a wrench in the works.I've been pretty worried about you. I hope the New Year is a whole new wonderful experience for you.

Anonymous said...

I hope that 2012 is better for you.

Pam

NeedleTart said...

I'm with you on the meds front! Let's hope 2012 brings better control for all of us. Wishing you, the Husbeast, and the Goob the best for the coming year.

Galad said...

So glad you are feeling good for the new year!

The shirt is awesome. I love Think Geek for gifts (which tells you a lot about our family LOL)

amy said...

We got our 7yo the green one (which I think is the raptor). He loves it. We got it at Hearthsong, which had about five or six different animals, but did not have adult sizes.

Good luck with the meds. I hope the feeling-good lasts.

Nancy R. said...

So glad you're feeling better! I hope it lasts throughout the new year. I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your teaching moments on your various subjects. Thanks!

Donna Lee said...

Think Geek has the best shirts. We own a few.....

I hope this is the start of a happier Julie. Having the pain meds fixed is terrific. Go get'em!

David said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DOOIE!

Amy Lane said...

Oh wonderful. Wanted you to be pain free so bad this year-- here's hoping it works. And I love that primrose color... as in j'etadore! (And the sweatshirt? She is awesome!)